Anna is Back in Action Please support him
On the eve of their yet another fast for an effective Lokpal Bill, Team Anna on Tuesday hit out at the government, with anti graft crusader Anna Hazare accusing the government of repeatedly going back on its promises.
Addressing mediapersons here, Hazare said, "The aim is to campaign for a Lokpal Bill. The government is only giving us assurances, but takes no action."
Elaborating on his meeting with the Law Minister, he said, "The government sent Salman Khurshid to meet me at my village. He said that the government was willing to pass the Lokpal Bill that we wanted. But nothing was done about it. The government has betrayed us time and again."
"The Government, Standing Committee and various commissions have let us down," Hazare said, adding, "the government does not want to check corruption."
He informed that he would sit on indefinite hunger strike at Jantar Mantar from Sunday, four days after his aides Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai kickstart their campaign.
Meanwhile, key Team Anna associate Arvind Kejriwal alleged that President-elect Pranab Mukherjee and 15 central ministers including the Prime Minister were corrupt.
"Pranab Mukherjee is also among the 15 corrupt ministers. It's unfortunate he will become the President tomorrow," Kejriwal said.
He demanded setting up of fast track courts to deal with corruption cases related to the members of parliament.
"All those parties who supported Pranab have betrayed the country. 162 MPs in Lok Sabha and 39 MPs in Rajya Sabha have cases of corruption against them. Fast-track courts should be made to dispose off such cases against them," Kejriwal said.
Team Anna has demanded setting up of a Special Investigation Team to probe corruption allegations against Union Ministers, besides constituting a fast track court to try cases against MPs and a strong Lokpal Bill. (ANI)
1. Anna Hazare (RTI campaigner)
2. Shanti Bhushan (Lawyer)
3. Kiran Bedi (former IPS officer)
4. Prashant Bhushan (Lawyer)
5. Arvind Kejriwal (the former IRS officer)
6. Santosh Hegde (the former Supreme Court judge)
1. Manish Sisodia (ex-Zee Journalist)
2. Shazia Ilmi (former Star News anchor)
3. Abhinandan Sekhri (former TV news reporter)
4. Shivendra Singh (a 33-year-old journalist who led the India Against Corruption (IAC) campaign)
5. Aswathi Murlidhara (Hazare’s movement provided her a distinct role as a media coordinator, with media advocacy being one of the key functions behind the protest.)
1. Kumar Vishwas (a poet from Pilkuwa in Ghaziabad, professor of Hindustani literature, He is the author of the university song for the CCS University)
2. Nitin Davar (official “performance in-charge” at Ramlila Maidan and sings all the “jan geets” in between the speeches)
3. Gaurav Bakshi (created a Facebook page for Anna Hazare and also started the website annahazare.org)
4. Ankit Lal
5. Ashwin Jain
6. Shekhar Gupta ( Blogger )
Happy Landings ..........
Capt Shekhar Gupta
W : www.aerosoftseo.com
E : firstname.lastname@example.org