Job Number 902 - Posted 07/04/2012 - Flight Operations - Calgary, AB (YYC) - English/French - WestJet
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
· Assist the Pilot-In-Command in the management of the flight and manipulation of the aircraft controls in accordance with the direction of the Pilot In Command.
· Participate in the execution of flight deck, emergency, checklist, and instrument approach procedures as directed by the Pilot In Command, and in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Aircraft Flight Manual and Company approved procedures.
· Work with entire crew to ensure the safety and comfort of WestJet Guests.
· Other duties as outlined in the Company Operations Manual.
· Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (Aeroplane).
· 2,500 hours total time (Please note that if you have Second Officer time, only half of the Second Officer hours will be applied to total time).
· 1,000 hours fixed wing Pilot In Command experience.
· 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine experience.
· Valid Transport Canada Class 1 instrument rating.
· Valid Transport Canada Class 1 medical.
· High School Diploma.
· Possess valid Transport Canada Restricted Area Pass or be able to obtain same within 6 weeks of commencing ground school training.
· English - oral & written fluency is required.
· French - oral fluency an asset.
General Skills Description:
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
· High degree of motivation and commitment to work with a team in a fast paced, dynamic
Conditions of Employment:
· Successful completion of training program (approximately 6 weeks).
· As a condition of employment, pilots must be able to obtain an airport restricted area pass within 6 weeks of commencing ground school.
· Completion of a criminal background check will be required
WestJet flies our current fleet of 98 aircraft to 75 destinations across Canada, the US, and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 8500 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. In 2013 WestJet will be launching a regional carrier that will continue to ensure our amazing growth.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for sending in their resumes. Only those who qualify will be considered for the role. WestJet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. WestJet's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. WestJet does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Safety comes first at WestJet.