The purpose of www.AlfaBloggers.com is for Social Media Entrepreneurs to find support in starting their own Blog / VLog based product lines, and To bring Social Media People together to help create new, innovative products into our Blog based Marketplace.
App Store Optimization Tools
App Store Optimization Tools:--
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in app stores and is often described as app store Search Engine Optimization. If you are a developer trying to make your app stand out in a crowded app store, the right app store optimization tools can play a crucial role in your app marketing and help boost your app’s visibility to increase downloads.
App Store Optimization has many parts to it, from keyword optimization to screenshots and analyzing reviews. The companies listed in this guide offer a range of app store optimization services, from analytics to reports, intelligence and consultancy services.
1. App Optimization
2. Keyword Optimization
3. Types of ASO Tools
4. Selected ASO Tools
First up, App Assets Optimization :--
Asset Optimization is in-app screenshots, the Preview Video, the app’s icon – basically everything that isn’t text. Many users will download your app or turn away simply by the look of those screenshots or the preview video. Further, if they recognise your brand or app from the logo, they are more likely to download it.
There’s a technical side to Asset Optimization as well – the screenshot needs to fit within the app store, it needs to be cropped properly and show the right features. Any old picture or screengrab won’t do.
Keyword Optimization :--
Keyword Optimization includes all the text in your app’s page, from the title to the description. Key words being present is of course important, but so is good writing – you have to convince users to download your app with very few words, so each one counts. App store keyword optimization is not as easy as dumping all the keywords either; ranking algorithms are getting smarter and users will rate the app negatively when they see that kind of behaviour.
Good writing and choosing the right keywords is thus crucial to getting a good rank in the app store. What about including the most important keyword in the title? According to some studies, it can increase app store ranking by as much as 9%.
Something else to keep in mind is that localization is key – a good translation of your description that is sensitive to cultural norms and knows how to speak in the target language is the difference between a successful app and missing out on an entire country’s (or language’s) market.
Types of ASO Tools :--
Keyword trackers do exactly what their name implies: they track the performance of given keywords in driving app downloads and page views. Companies like App Radar, Mobile Action, and App Tweak track your set keywords, when they’re used in app store pages and how those apps perform. Most of these platforms, such as Sensor Tower and myASO, suggest the correct keywords to you based on what the current trends are.
App Store Data Platforms
As mentioned above, there’s more to App Store Optimization than just keyword Optimization. Companies like App Annie, Apptopia and Prioridata are among the best of class in making sense of the mass of data that comes out of iTunes and Google Play. From reports on the top new apps and how they got to the top to tracking user reviews by app version (to see how changes affect reviews), the tools offered are extremely useful. Some of the platforms also have a free level to their pricing plan so you can try before you buy.
App Store Ranking Optimizing Agencies
While the above platforms provide you with data, companies like The App Store Optimization Project, Pick App Store Optimization, Red Box Mobile and The App Store Optimization Co. will do the stats tracking and Optimization themselves, delivering reports on your apps performance afterwards. Others who follow this more hands-on approach are Incipia, Dot Com Infoway, Mobtimizers and Phiture who also do full-spectrum app marketing.
Another Important tool in your arsenal is A/B testing, which works for both keywords and other assets whose Influence might be more difficult to get a grip on. App stores now give data on how users behave when they see your app’s page, but there are so many variables that A/B testing is pretty much required to check which changes work and which don’t.
To that end, gummicube offers “live focus groups” for A/B testing your store page, and TestNest does a similar thing by creating a mock app landing page for you to test out changes before actually pressing the publish button. StoreMaven and SplitMetrics offer variations on A/B tests, like testing specifically for icons or screenshots, and SplitMetrics also has ASO consultations included in some of its price tiers. However it’s important not to overdo changes, especially with the title of the app, as changing that too often can be detrimental to your ranking.
Whether you want to carry out keyword optimization, A/B test your creative, or track the marketplace to give you a competitive edge, we’ve compiled a list of the top app store optimization tools on the market, to get your app discovered.
Selected ASO Tools
Our list of some of the best App Store Optimization Tools to be found is not ranked. It showcases a variety of tools for a number of different functions with an aim to cover all aspects of app store optimization but without naming any one tool or company “the best” – all of these offer something different and crucial.
a. App Annie
App Annie :--
App Annie is an app analytics and app market data platform for developers and marketers. Headquartered in San Francisco, App Annie has offices around the world and provides business intelligence tools to aid app publishers and developers with decision-making. Use their app store optimization tool to measure, test and optimise your keywords to increase your app’s discoverability and boost downloads.
1. Tagline: App Store Optimization and app store optimization tools.
2. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play.
3. Price: Store Stats and App Store Optimization tools are free.
Tune is a measurement and attribution platform for mobile marketers. Founded in 2009, the company’s rapid growth means they now boast seven offices around the globe. Along with attribution and app store analytics and in-app marketing, Tune offers an app store optimization tool for developers to boost organic results by optimizing their app store assets.
Key features:- Get keyword suggestions and track rankings, compare install estimates, track competitors, A/B test descriptions.
1. Tagline: TUNE marketing console – mobile measurement, attribution, and engagement.
2. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play.
3. Price: Contact for subscription prices.
StoreMaven’s key selling point is “The Maven”, an “Artificial Intelligence” which evaluates the results of your AB testing (and it can test a lot of different variables) to give you the best possible results.
Key features: AI Testing
1. Tagline: App Store and Google Play AB Testing
2. App stores: App Store and Google Play
3. Price: Not on website, though a 30-day free trial is available.
Apptopia’s plans start at $51.99/month for five tracked apps, with optional add-ons of $15.99/app, and always include SDK analysis, monthly active users, downloads and revenues. Apptopia‘s “Breakout Predictor” also attempts to identify which apps will hit the top 100 before they do so.
Key features: Pay-per-tracked app model
1. Tagline: Profit from your competitor’s secrets
2. App stores: Google Play and iTunes
3. Price: $51.99/month (five apps)
Two different offers by Prioridata: Keyword Intelligence, for optimizing your app’s store page, and Competitive Intelligence which tracks both your app’s performance and that of your competitor apps across various countries and stores.
Key features: Freemium model tracks 4 apps or five keywords (but in US only).
1. Tagline: Win your mobile market
2. App stores: Google Play and iTunes.
3. Price: Starts at $99/month
App Radar :--
App Radar is a high-end App Store Optimization tool for marketers and developers. It helps them improve their mobile apps’ and games’ organic search visibility in app stores with features for analyzing search rankings and optimizing metadata right in one interface.
Key features: Analyze & edit app store information and rankings all in one place
1. Tagline: App Store Optimization made easy
2. App stores: Google Play and iTunes.
3. Price: Starting at 100 € / month; 30-day free trial for every plan
TheTool is an all-in-one App Store Optimization and app-marketing platform which styles itself as the first performance based tool of its kind on both Google Play and iTunes. Tracking installs (organic and not), keyword rankings, conversion rates and more, all displayed on a slick UI.
Key features: Data is taken from 91 countries.
1. Tagline: One-stop ASO and App Marketing Tool
2. App stores: Google Play, iTunes
3. Price: Free 30 day trial, then starts at $29/month
Their App Store Optimization -specific products are three: Keyword Analytics, Keyword Explorer and Keyword Charts and Competitors, but ASOdesk also offer marketing automation, app analytics and “organic intelligence”, which explores search traffic in more depth.
1. Key features: Marketing automation for ASO included.
2. Tagline: Improve your iOS and Android app visibility
3. App stores: Google Play, iTunes
4. Price: Starts at free, first paid tier is $49/month
Gummicube has been in the app store optimization business since 2011. The company built its own DATACUBE app store intelligence software to understand what users search for in the App Store and Google Play to deliver better results. Gummicube provides on-page (content) optimization and analyses reviews and ratings to increase organic downloads.
1. Key features: App focus group service, on-page (content) optimization, ratings and reviews, app logo and screenshots.
2. Tagline: Get the best app store optimization service from our experts.
3. App stores: Apple App Store and Google Play.
4. Price: monthly flat fee.
AppCodes is a startup, founded in 2010, that provides a set of app store optimization tools for developers to boost their app’s visibility. AppCodes offers a keyword prediction tool to highlight your competitors’ keywords and a tool to predict your position in the app store, for a given keyword, so you can stay ahead of the competition.
1. Key features: competitor tracking, keyword tool to find your best options, track app visibility in the app store.
2. Tagline: Probably the best tool for app store optimization.
3. App stores: iTunes and Google Play.
Mobile Action :--
Mobile Action is a leading user acquisition service for mobile developers. Founded in 2013, and headquartered in San Francisco, the company has released its app store intelligence and app store optimization tools for free. Get competitor rankings, app download and revenue insights and make informed App Store Optimization decisions to increase your organic downloads.
2. Tagline: App store optimization and app marketing.
3. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play Store.
4. Price: App Analytics is free.
AppTweak is an App Store Optimization (ASO) tool driven by Data science that empowers app marketers and developers to improve their store visibility, increase app rankings and drive organic downloads. Founded in 2013, AppTweak is a leading profitable company focusing on data accuracy and transparency. Amongst other features, AppTweak offers powerful Keyword & Search Ads tools with all the data needed to audit, optimize and monitor app’s discoverability.
2. Tagline: AppTweak App Store Optimization Tool driven by Data Science
3. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play Store.
4. Price: 7-day free trial.
Search Man :--
SearchMan offers a self-serve big data tool to help developers boost their app’s visibility in app stores. Since its beginnings in 2011, the Mountain View-based company has committed to developing its SEO for mobile apps service. Now you can get data-driven keyword suggestions and push updates to improve search rankings and increase downloads, and quickly get a sense of your app’s discoverability from the search visibility score.
1. Key features: track search rankings, discover and optimise your keywords, check visibility scores, access app market research for free.
2. Tagline: App store optimization and Search Engine Optimization software, made easy.
3. App stores: iPhone, iPad, and Google Play.
4. Price: App Market Research is free.
Sensor Tower :--
Sensor Tower is an app store optimization and intelligence platform for app developers. Founded in 2013, by Alex Malafeev and Oliver Yeh, Sensor Tower provides valuable insights into your competitors through its Rankings and Leaderboards resource. The app store optimization tool’s accurate data and tracking functions help improve your app’s visibility in the app store; while the keyword translation feature translates your keywords into multiple languages to increase your app downloads in other countries.
1. Key features: app ranking, keyword optimization, keyword translation, download and revenue estimates, and competitor tracking.
2. Tagline: Mobile App Store Marketing Intelligence.
3. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play.
Keyword Tool :--
Keyword Tool is a web extension that helps users find the keywords that people are typing in the app store search box, to perform app store optimization. Help your users find your app easily by matching your app title and description keywords to your target audience’s search terms. Keyword Tool uses App Store autocomplete to find the most popular keywords related to the topic of your app leading to more organic installs.
1. Key features: free tool, keyword research using App Store autocomplete, specify App Store country and language to generate keywords.
2. Tagline: App store optimization tool for keyword research, ASO and SEO.
MetricsCat is a mobile apps analytics service, founded in 2013 by Vitali Mikulski. They aggregate data from mobile markets and provide analytics based on user reviews. Their tools empower developers to perform market analysis and track app performance across markets.
1. Key features: keyword suggestions for App Store Optimization, weekly reports, competitor insights and trends for reviews.
2. Tagline: All you need for analyzing mobile apps data.
3. App stores: iOS Apple Store, Google Play and Windows app store for mobile.
AppRankCorner is a free app store optimization tool that helps developers optimize their app’s keywords using its intelligent suggestions. Founded in 2014, AppRankCorner helps you track your keyword rankings and compare them with your competitors to analyse your app’s performance. They’ll also send you daily email reports with your new rankings and reviews.
2. Tagline: App store optimization all in one tool.
3. App stores: iOS App Store and Google Play.
4. Price: Free.
Split Metrics :--
Split Metrics is a tool for mobile app developers and game publishers to A/B test and optimize app store pages for maximum conversion. Founded in 2015, by Eugene Nevgen and Max Kamenkov, Split Metrics helps you optimize your creatives, personalise app pages for different demographics, and analyse user behaviour in real-time. Use the tool to A/B test everything from icons and screenshots to video previews and the colour of the download button.
1. Key features: unlimited experiments at a time, advanced targeting, track competitor conversion, app store screenshot designer tool.
2. Tagline: Mobile A/B testing for App Store and Google Play.
3. App stores: iOS Apple Store and Google Play.
4. Price: From £249 per month. Custom plans available.
Preapps is a platform that acts as a marketplace to connect app lovers with newly launched apps. The Boston-based startup’s app store optimization experts will optimize your app for each app store’s search algorithm to maximise exposure and ranking. They will handle the optimization of your app’s title, description, keywords, icon and screenshots; and provide comprehensive reports with actionable insights.
1. Key features: pre-launch mobile app marketing, app store optimization including keyword suggestions.
2. Tagline: Our techniques make your extraordinary app stand out.
3. App stores: Apple App Store, Google Play, and Windows Phone.
4. Price: ASO service is $999.
CodeNgo is a multi-app store self-publishing tool for Android app developers. Founded in 2011, by Chris Jones, CodeNgo helps developers submit and manage all of their app store accounts from a single platform. A report by the One Platform Foundation found that alternate app stores drive 200% more downloads per app available than Google Play. Increase your app’s reach by publishing to over 30 app stores including Amazon, Samsung, Opera, Getjar, Appland, Mobango and more.
1. Key features: up to 33 app stores, submit apps and updates to hundreds of stores from a single location, consolidated reporting, automated language translations, and app review tracking.
2. Tagline: App stores self-publishing service for Android developers.
3. App stores: Google Play, Opera, Samsung, Amazon, Opera, SlideMe, Aptoide and more.
4. Price: The basic plan has a one-off set up free of $20 per app.
Born in 2014 from a hackathon, AppFollow started out as a review tracker but now follows AppsFlyer and SearchAds campaigns, Google Play replies and more. All versions give access to their API.
1. Key features: Data is delivered through channel of your choice (e.g. Hipchat, Slack)
2. Tagline: Reviews and Update Monitor
3. App stores: App Store, Google Play
4. Price: Free, premium starts at $9/month
RaiseMetrics model is highly customisable according to the number of users and apps you need to test: their free-priced tier includes one app and 5000 tested user, while the first paid-for tier includes 3 apps with 50,000 users.
1. Key features: Highly customisable tests and tiers
2. Tagline: Split testing tools for app conversion optimisation
3. App stores: Google Play, App Store
4. Price: Free, professional tier starts at $99/month
Appfigures offers three different products: Analytics, aimed at developers, is about app performance in the app store, tracking revenue, market performance, user feedback and more, with hourly updates on app ranks.
1. Key features: Database fully managed by Appfigures team.
2. Tagline: App Store Analytics
3. App stores: App Store, Google Play, Amazon Store, Windows Store
4. Price: Free, all-access starts at $4.99/month
A fully-free app analysis service tracking both iTunes and Google Play stores. Entirely browser based and with a free monthly report, apptrace belongs to Adjust.
Trisha Karmakar is the queen of her own dreams, who has just stepped into her twenties. Having lived in New Delhi for 8 years and in Bangalore for 5, she has all that is necessary to have an uninfluential mindset about the world and of course, herself. Presently settled in Kolkata, she is pursuing graduation in psychology from Bethune College, which is renowned as the first women's college in Asia. Having said that, yes, listening to people is what she believes herself to be the best at. She has a very exceptional vision towards life and welcomes everything life throws at her, let that be a bundle of joy or a heap of sorrow. She believes it's a blessing to be alive each day with so much yet to be explored. Also, she is independent about her own thoughts and has her own way of doing things. She has been trained as a Hindustani Classical vocalist for 10 years. Apart from music, writing and reading has always succeeded to pacify her, no matter the world around her. She is very m…
1 . Rahul : B Tech IIT [D] MBA IIM [A] 2. Ankur: B Tech IIT [D] MBA IIM [A] 3. The Manager : Mr Raju John3. Company : AeroSoft Corp 4. University : IIM Ahamdabad RahulandAnkurjoined a company called AeroSoft Corp together a few months after their Post Graduation from IIM A University. After a few years of work, their Manager promoted Rahul to a position of Senior Sales Manager, but Ankur remained in his entry level Junior Sales Officer position. Ankur developed a sense of jealousy and disgruntlement, but continued working anyway. One day Ankur felt that he could not work with Rahul anymore. He wrote his resignation letter, but before he submitted it to the Manager, he complained that Management did not value hard working staff, but only promoted only the favoured ! The Manager Mr Raju John knew that Ankur worked very hard for the years he had spent at the company; even harder than Rahul and therefore he deserved the promotion. So in order to…